ASA Chicagoland Regional Roundtable
For over a decade, Rush has hosted the American Society on Aging Chicagoland Regional Roundtable, bringing together Chicago area professionals in aging every other month around important topics related to aging.
Events are hosted on the first Friday of the month from 8:30-10:30am CT during the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December. You can sign up for ASA’s Chicagoland Regional Roundtable listserv at https://bit.ly/3KPGdhi.
The events are organized by the ASA Chicagoland Planning Committee. To learn more, contact Bonnie Ewald, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each session features several panelists and a moderated discussion. Presenter slides and recordings from recent sessions are included here:
- June 2, 2023, Making Medicare Work for All
- April 7, 2023, Insights into the Aging Services Landscape: National Conference Highlights and Post-Pandemic Philanthropic Investments
- February 3, 2023, Investments in Innovations for Aging Services
- December 2, 2022, 2022 Recap and Community Reflection
- October 7, 2022, Improving Safety and Quality of Nursing Home Care in Illinois: State and Federal Developments
- August 5, 2022, Inflation and Rising Economic Insecurity for Older Adults
- June 3, 2022, Let’s Talk about… Sex, Sexuality, and Aging
- April 1, 2022, Policy in Practice: Optimizing Health of Older Adults via Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Programs in Illinois
- February 4, 2022, Equity in Aging: Gaps and Opportunities (Part 2)
- December 3, 2021, Equity in Aging: Gaps and Opportunities (Part 1)
- October 1, 2021, Groundbreaking Federal Investments in Aging: Historical Context, Present Significance, and Future Possibilities
- June 4, 2021, Lessons from Covid-19 and previous efforts to ensure high quality care for Illinois’ older adults in nursing facilities: What have we tried, what’s gone wrong, and what can we do moving forward?
- April 9, 2021, COVID-19 Update: Vaccines, Vaccine Hesitancy, Getting Shots in Older Arms, and Next Steps
- February 5, 2021, Understanding the Pandemic’s Impact on Chicagoland’s Older Adults: Recent Developments and Research Findings
- December 4, 2020, Caring for Older Adults in Assisted Living and Skilled Care Facilities: Policies, Programs, and What it Means to be “Safe”
- October 7, 2020, Annual Fall Session: Federal & State Policy
- August 7, 2020, Housing: A Key Component of Aging-in-Community
- June 5, 2020, Older Adults and COVID-19: Clinical Update & Community Responses