RUSH Generations offers classes that build skills as well as a healthier body and mind. Here are few examples:
- Embracing Aging: This gentle aerobic exercise class is designed to improve muscle strength, range of movement, balance, and activities for daily living. A chair is used for seated exercises and standing support. Exercise modifications will be provided.
- Gentle Chair Yoga: This yoga class is designed to increase flexibility and range of motion, improve balance and strengthen the body. Yoga has been shown to relieve pain, stiffness and sore joints. Modifications will be provided.
Special Classes (Offered Once a Year)
- Art for Emotional Wellness: This course incorporates various forms of art and expression to foster emotional wellness. This class is designed and implemented by Arts in Healthcare students at Columbia College for their Senior Capstone project; therefore, topics and mediums vary from year to year, but can include fine art, dance and movement, music, improv, poetry, and others.
- Mindfulness 101: This four-session class teaches participants simple mindfulness skills to improve self-awareness and ability to manage daily stresses or cope with chronic conditions.
Health Legacy Program for Women
This 12-session group is offered over the course of six week and is specifically for women of color who want to improve their lifestyle and their families’ lifestyle. This group covers emotional support, exercise, healthy cooking, and nutrition in a supportive environment. It is offered in English and Spanish.
RUSH Generations knows how important it is to bring people together who are experiencing similar circumstances and garner strength from one another. Here are a few examples:
- Diabetes Support Group
- Friends and Family of People with Memory Loss Support Group
- Chronic Pain Support Group